Affilliated Full Prof.
- Affilliated Full Prof.
- Hong-Baek Cho, Associate Professor
- 55 Hanyang daehak-ro, Sangnok-gu, Ansan Kyeonggi-do, 426-791, Korea
- Undergraduate: Organic Chemistry 1,2, Advanced Engineering Mathematics 1,2, Process Control, Basic Principals and Calculations in Chemical Engineering, Experiments in Nano-Process, Experiments in Organic Synthesis.
- Graduate: High-Tech Sensors for the 4th Industrial Revolution, Environmental Chemical Engineering, Energy Engineering, Special Topics in Separation Process, Advanced Inorganic Materials
- PGM-based heterogeneous catalysts and Scale-up, SAC Catalyst, Selective catalytic hydrogenation
- Synthesis & application of polymer-based functional organic-inorganic nanocomposites: TIMs
- High-tech gas sensors, Thermochemical sensors, Electrochemical sensors, Cap-based sensors: Synthesis of nanostructured material and sensing system
- 1999: Chonnam National University, Chemical Engineering, B.S.
- 2001: Hanyang University, Chemical Engineering, M.S.
- 2007: Hanyang University, Chemical Engineering, Ph.D.
- 2021 ~ present: Hanyang University, Mater. Sci. & Chem. Eng., Associate Professor.
- 2015 ~ 2021: Hanyang University, Mater. Sci. & Chem. Eng., Research Professor.
- 2012 ~ 2015: Nagaoka University of Technology, Specially Appointed, Associate Professor.
- 2008 ~ 2012: Nagaoka University of Technology, Researcher.
- 2007 ~ 2007: Hanyang University, Chemical Engineering, Lecturer.
Major research projects
- Selective removal of cyan nickel complex, derived from amine-based complexing agent in alkali zinc-nickel plating process and development of real-time high-quality plating solution management technology [Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (2018.04~2020.12)]
- Development of 15W-class isotropic high heat dissipation composite materials using boron nitride-based filler for electric vehicle ECU unit [Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (2019.06~ 2021.12)]
- Replacement of spherical Al2O3 and high-purity h-BN materials for the fast-charging batteries and development of 5 W/mK-class lightweight (specific gravity 2.5g/cc) sheets [Korea Industrial Complex Corporation (2019.11~2020.10)]
- Commercialization of LED high heat dissipation packaging technology using thermally conductive ceramic-polymer composites and laser patterning technology [Ministry of Science and ICT (2020.11~2021.11)]
- Development of flexible transparent electrode heater manufacturing technology based on nano material networks [Ministry of Science and ICT (2021.7~2021.12)]
- Ji Won Shin, Hyo-Ryoung Lim, Hong-Baek Cho, Young-Tae Kwon, Yong-Ho Choa, Segregation-controlled self-assembly of silver nanowire networks using a template-free solution-based process, Nanoscale 129, 13 (18), 8442-8451 (2021) (Inside Front Cover).
- Hong-Baek Cho, Masanao Kanno, Tadachika Nakayama, Yong-Ho Choa, “Design and synthesis of barium ferrite-based nanocomposite films with highly regulated 3-D structures”, Applied Surface Science 555, 149515(2021).
- Kee-Ryung Park, Hong-Baek Cho, Minseob Lim, Byung Kwon Jang, Jongsik Lee, ByungSeo Jeon, Yong-Ho Choa, Through-plane high thermal conducting networks via incorporation of graphene nanoplatelets in nanocomposite film under electric field and avoiding breakdown voltage, Applied Surface Science 551, 149201 (2021).
- Nu Si A Eom, Hong-Baek Cho, Hyo-Ryoung Lim, Bum Sum Kim and Yong-Ho Choa, Facile tilted sputtering process (TSP) for enhanced H2S gas response over selectively loading Pt nanoparticles, Sensors and Actuators B-Chemical, 300, 127009/1-/8 (2019).
- Kee-Ryung Park, Hong-Baek Cho, Jimin Lee, Yoseb Song, Woo-Byoung Kim, Yong-Ho Choa, Design of highly porous SnO2-CuO nanotubes for enhancing H2S gas sensor performance. Sensors and Actuators B-Chemical, 302, 127179 (2019).
- Minh Triet TanHuynh, Hong-BaekCho, TsuneoSuzuki, Hisayuki Suematsu, Koichi Niihara, Tadachika Nakayama, Electrical property enhancement by controlled percolation structure of carbon black in polymer-based, Composites Science and Technology, 154(18), 165-174 (2018).
- Tae-Yeon Hwang, Gwang-Myeong Go, Siwoo Park, Jimin Lee, Yoseb Song, Seil Kim, Hong-Baek Cho, and Yong-Ho Choa, Pt/Graphene Catalyst and Tellurium Nanowire-Based Thermochemical Hydrogen (TCH) Sensor Operating at Room Temperature in Wet Air, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 11(50), 47015-47024 (2019).
- Jimin Lee, Jiwon Kim, Danbi Kim, Gyutae Lee, Yeong-Been Oh, Tae-Yeon Hwang, Jae-Hong Lim, Hong-Baek Cho, Jongryoul Kim, Yong-Ho Choa, Exchange-Coupling Interaction in Zero- and One-Dimensional Sm2Co17/FeCo Core–Shell Nanomagnets, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 11 (29), 26222-26227 (2019). [FRONT COVERS].
- Seung Han Ryu, Hong-Baek Cho, Seil Kim, Young-Tae Kwon, Jimin Lee, Kee-Ryung Park, Yong-Ho Choa, “The effect of polymer particle size on three-dimensional percolation in core-shell networks of PMMA/MWCNTs nanocomposites: Properties and mathematical percolation model”, Composites Science and Technology, 165, 1-8 (2018).
- Nu Si A Eom, Hong-Baek Cho†, Yoseb Song, Gwang Myeong Go, Jimin Lee, Yong-Ho Choa, “Room-temperature H2S gas sensing by selectively synthesized Cux(x=1,2)O:SnO2 thin film nanocomposites with oblique & vertically assembled SnO2 ceramic nanorods ”, Sensors and Actuators, B, 273, 1054-1061 (2018).